Monday, April 16, 2012

Pizza Fondue but with Rice

My kids have a need to come up with a name for everything that doesn't already have a name. The  name of this recipe is a product of that. It was similar to something I made once (Pizza Fondue)n but I made it with rice---and the name pizza fondue but with rice was born. It is a super easy recipe that my kids LOVE and it is cheap and fast for a dinner or lunch that differs from sandwiches

Make Minute Rice--I buy the Walmart version and it takes just over 5 minutes--according to directions
Once cooked, add basil (I just put in a sprinkling-no real measurement) and Parmesan cheese (again, no real measurement here)
Add cut up pepperoni slices--I use about 15 slices but I am making enough for four kids so adjust as needed
Stir in pizza sauce until it is all covered
Serve!

The whole dinner takes about 10 minutes to make and costs about $3 to feed 4. And the kids love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment